“Cloud is a body without a surface but not without substance… although it has no surface, cloud is visible” - Hubert Damisch.
As an artist, I like to observe. Merlau Ponty articulated the act of describing as an approach to sustain wonder. Within my practice I explore ideas of perception, light and its counterpart shadow and the natural transitions from visible to invisible - multiple layers of light.
My practice is a multidisciplinary and multi-sensory body of work, employing graphite and ink to create two dimensional depictions of light, exploring photographic light experiments, and using glass and reflective materials to situate the viewer in an immersive experience.
Within the reality of our technologically advanced world, I use digital light within an analog process. Light intrigues me as it balances on the edge of materiality.
- BA Fine Art at Chelsea College of Art (2015-18)
- Foundation Diploma at Manchester School of Art (2014-15)
- Out of Doors - Virtual Exhibition - 2020
- Interstellar Medium - Virtual Exhibition - 2020
- In Nihilum - The Swiss Church, London - 2020 - curated by PFA Curatorial
- Natural Light - Air Gallery, Manchester - 2019 - curated by Lumen Studios
- Summer Show - Amy's Courtyard Gallery, Macclesfield - 2019
- Mouth - The Artisan Well, Battersea - 2019
- (Solo) An External Light - Studio Gallery, Macclesfield - 2019
- Phototaxis - Untitled Factory Gallery, Paris - 2018
- Chelsea Degree Show - Chelsea College of Art - 2018
- An Idea for a Painting - The Workshop, Vauxhall - 2018
- BIONIC – Stour Space, Hackney Wick - 2018 - invited by the collective ‘The Third Eye’
- Translations - Chelsea College of Art - 2017
- Under the Barbers’ Shop - Barber Streisand, Angel - 2017
- Untitled Summer Show - Chelsea College of Art - 2017
- Conscious Configuration - St Pancras Crypt Gallery - 2016
- MSA Foundation Show - Manchester School of Art - 2015
- WONDER, Independent zine by Hannah Harkness, May, 2019
- Average Art Magazine, 33rd edition (April), 2019 - print
- Re: Pave (@re_pave), March, 2019, Instagram takeover
- Wot Is Art? Magazine, March edition, 2019, Liverpool - print
- A5 Magazine, #23 edition (February), 2019, Liverpool - print
- Where About Now, Berlin, 2018, Instagram publication